Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday in the Kitchen

We're having a lazy Sunday around here. I finished my school work early today so I had some time to mess around. I decided I'd do some baking.



I made this cinnamon raisin bread recipe here. The recipe made 3 loaves as written, but I didn't want that many. I reduced everything by half and put the little extra dough into muffin cups. I think they look like scones you'd find in a coffee shop. Delicious. Carrick has already eaten 4 slices of the bread.


Carrick had his own project as well. One of our friends brought us a food dehydrator back from the states for Christmas. We're having fun figuring it out. We have a long list of things we want to try. We've done a batch of fruit and Carrick marinated steak strips for jerky. It's pretty tasty and fun to know you made it yourself!



No comments: