Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Update List

Needless to say, Carrick is not capable of taking a non-goofy picture :).






Wow! It's been a while since I've posted and a lot of things have happened around here. I think it will be easiest if I just make a list.


1. Yoshi got a much needed hair cut (see pics)


2. I've been busy with sewing projects. I've made my self an apron (see pics) and some other secret projects that I can't share yet :)

3. Carrick got me a new camera! I love it, but I haven't had much time to figure out how to use it yet.

4. I'm coming to Iowa!!!! I've booked a plane ticket for Aug 22 through Sept 5. I'll be bringing my friend Chris with me because he has island fever and needs to get away from Okinawa. He's a big outdoor buff and I think he'll love the scenery of North East Iowa. I'm SOOO excited to see everyone!

5. We almost had a typhoon! I was actually disappointed that it missed us. At work we had to clear the deck of everything and tie down tables, which practically took the whole day. You could tell all the Americans were taking precautions because the commissary shelves were looking bare. I was planning on going grocery shopping, then the typhoon condition was announced and I knew it would be crazy! Everything is fine though, we've just had some cool days, which have actually been a nice break from the heat, and some high winds.

6. I've been getting the crafting bug. I've always loved arts and crafts and if anyone saw my room growing up you could tell by all the random-ness I had taped to every surface. So, I've decided to start posting my projects on my blog. Some will follow in the next couple of days.


I guess that's it. I can't wait to see some of you soon!



Love Missy







1 comment:

Meagan said...

OOoo that looks like a very nice camera Missy! Nice job Carrick!! And speaking about all the randomness in your room. When you are home I need you to pack it up so we can store it for you haha!

Love, Meg